Photo Credit: Klook
- From 1,000 ~
- Our Rating
Relax and take in the authentic Japanese atmosphere and vast natural surroundings at this traditional open-air hot spring bath that draws water from a depth of 1,111 meters beneath the earth’s surface. Heal your mind and body as you enjoy luxurious dishes prepared with only the freshest local ingredients.
Why We Recommend This
- Warm your body after a long day of traveling and wipe away the fatigue as you soak in the gentle waters of this natural hot spring, drawn from 1,111 meters below ground. Re-entry is possible, so after you have a filling meal, feel free to have another bath.
- The Japanese-style building imparts a relaxing air. It houses both an indoor bath and an outdoor open-air one where you can truly take in the grand outdoors.
- There is also an on-site restaurant featuring many yummy dishes made from local ingredients, such as their popular “kamameshi” rice made in an iron pot.
- You can rent everything from towels to hair dryers and even hair wax, so no need to worry about bringing anything special.
- This bathhouse is very popular with the locals, so it doesn't have the vibe of a popular tourist attraction. You can get a truly local experience here!
52, Okubo-cho, Uji-shi, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto