Photo Credit: Viator
- From 28,000 ~
- Our Rating
Escape Tokyo for a day and head down to Kamakura, Japan’s old samurai capital. Walk the historic streets of this fascinating city, visit ancient temples, and say “Hi” to the Great Buddha of Kamakura, one of the most iconic statues in the country. If you want to do something else, though, that’s totally fine as this guided tour is fully customizable!
Why We Recommend This
- Kamakura has so much to offer. From the temple of the god of war to the bamboo forest of Hokokuji Temple or Komachi Street (Komachi-dori) famous for its seemingly endless row of shops, there is something here for everyone.
- Customize your tour by choosing 3-4 sites from a list of 15 exciting stops around the city.
- The Great Buddha at Kotoku-in is a must-see! Standing at 11.4 meters tall, it’s the second-tallest bronze statue of the Buddha in the country and a symbol of Kamakura.
- Visit Hasedera Temple and enjoy beautiful ocean views from its highest point.
- Be accompanied by a licensed guide and get the inside info on one of Japan’s most popular tourist destinations.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy through them, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.