Photo Credit: Klook
- From 41,000 ~
- Our Rating
Journey into the great north with this visit to Yamagata from Tokyo that brings you up to immerse in spectacular winter scenery and hot springs at the lost-in-time Ginzan Onsen!
Why We Recommend This
- Ginzan Onsen is said to be one of the inspirations for Studio Ghibli's "Spirited Away," and so become lost in a world of your own with this dreamy hot spring town.
- Ginzan Onsen has a history of over 500 years and is lined with retro wooden hotels that will make you feel as if you have slipped back in time.
- Unique to snow-covered Yamagata, the awe-inspiring scenery is so magnificent it makes you forget the cold!
- The contrast between the cityscape and the snow will make you feel like you're in a post town during the Edo period and surely the memories you make here will burn brightly for years to come.
- The guide can speak Chinese and English, so you can enjoy your trip without worries of a language barrier.