Photo Credit: Klook
- From 4,000 ~
- Our Rating
Relish the blissful nature of Arashiyama from the oldest and longest river boat ride in Japan!
Why We Recommend This
- Taking roughly 90 minutes and following the river for a total of 16 km, this is the longest river boat ride in Japan, ensuring plenty of time to have fun and soak in the experience.
- You’ll be surrounded by lush wilderness and scenic vistas as you float down the stream.
- While a relaxing experience, there are also plenty of thrills to be had as you narrowly slip between rocks and rush down rapids! You’ll be in awe of the skilled boatman!
- As the boatman steers you through the river and rapids, he’ll share interesting stories about the history and nature of the region.
- The Hozugawa Boat Ride has a 400-year history, stretching from the early Edo period to the present day. Originally, it served as a waterway to bring goods to the capital.
2, Shimonakajima, Hozu-cho, Kameoka-shi, Kyoto