Photo Credit: Viator
- From 16,000 ~
- Our Rating
Experience Japan’s marine culture right from the waters of Tokyo Bay during a guided tour of the country’s busiest fish market located on the man-made island of Toyosu. Having taken over from the Tsukiji Market in 2018, the Toyosu Fish Market Tour now offers visitors a chance to witness the exciting tuna auctions where the finest specimens are worth their weight in gold, or to try some of the freshest sushi in all of Tokyo. With a certified guide accompanying you along the way and sharing fascinating tidbits about the market and local history, this tour is a great opportunity to see a whole new side of Japan’s capital.
Why We Recommend This
- The tour takes guests to the heart of the Toyosu Fish Market by letting them witness the electric atmosphere of Tokyo’s famous tuna auctions up close. This part of the tour lasts about 90 minutes and includes everything from the tuna inspection right down to the final bid.
- The market is located just a 10-minute walk from Shijo-mae Station on the Yurikamome Line. However, visitors not used to Tokyo’s public transport can ask for the guide to meet them at or near their accommodations in Chuo, Chiyoda, Shinjuku, Shibuya, Bunkyo, Nakano, and Minato (excluding Takanawa, Shibaura, Shirokanedai, Shiba, and Odaiba), at no extra cost.
- The post-auction tour of the market lasts from 6:30 am to 9:00 am, during which the guide will educate participants not just on Toyosu but also Japanese cuisine as well as the history and geography of Tokyo.
- The guide is fully certified and boasts years of experience. Guests may also receive printouts with essential knowledge about sushi, sashimi, and even dining etiquette.
- Tour participants will get the chance to enjoy sushi for breakfast at one of the best restaurants in Toyosu, allowing them to sample the bounty of Japan’s seas at its freshest. Also on the menu are panoramic views of Tokyo from Toyosu’s rooftop garden.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy through them, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
6-6-6, Toyosu, Koto-ku, Tokyo