Photo Credit: Viator
- From 20,000 ~
- Our Rating
Learn the ancient art of katana combat at an authentic dojo in Machida, western Tokyo. Many places offer sword lessons for entertainment or performance purposes, but here, you will get a genuine samurai experience from a veteran master, who will guide you into the heart of Japanese martial arts.
Why We Recommend This
- Wear traditional kenjutsu clothing and learn authentic katana techniques from a master swordsman.
- Learn the Toyama style of kenjutsu, the last style of swordsmanship used in actual combat by the Japanese army.
- Train with a practice sword, a bokken wooden sword, and a real katana.
- You’ll be taught the basics of Iai, Gekken, and Test Cutting, including proper grip, maintaining distance between yourself and your opponent, and cutting poles with a real sword.
- The dojo can be rented out for a private party for an additional fee with prior notice.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy through them, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
3-14-14, Haramachida, Machida-shi, Tokyo