Photo Credit: Viator
- From 8,600 ~
- Our Rating
Discover the beauty of “Kintsugi,” the Japanese art of repairing broken pottery, during this 1-hour hands-on course. Participants get to wear traditional artisan clothing and use lacquer mixed with gold to mend plates and through it get closer to the soul of Japanese culture.
Why We Recommend This
- Put on traditional “samue” work clothing for your journey into the world of Japanese crafts.
- Acquire a unique skill that might come in handy one day.
- Immerse yourself in Japanese culture and aesthetics and learn the Japanese way of thinking that “flaws” and “damage” are just part of an object’s story.
- All the materials, plate included, are provided by the course, which takes place in a studio located just a 6-minute walk from Omote-sando Station.
- You get to keep the repaired plate as a souvenir!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy through them, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
3-8-2, Minamiaoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo