Photo Credit: Klook
- From 1,300 ~
- Our Rating
Enjoy the spectacular scenery of Nijo Castle, and learn about the history of the Edo period. With each season, the castle takes on a new character, so you’ll never grow tired of visiting time and time again.
Why We Recommend This
- Built by Tokugawa Ieyasu, the first shogun of the Edo Shogunate, Nijo Castle is a hub of Edo period culture.
- The Ninomaru Palace consists of 6 connected buildings running southeast to northwest, containing 33 rooms encompassing an area of 800 tatami mats.
- The cherry blossoms in the spring add to the Japanese ambiance, imbuing the grounds with a romantic, nostalgic feeling that will take you back in time.
- Skip the long line and make the most of your time at Nijo Castle by purchasing this easy-to-use QR ticket in advance.
- There are also English-speaking guides who are more than happy to show you around this fascinating landmark.
541, Nijojo-cho, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto